General Terms and Conditions for Vacation Rentals
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL APPLICABLE TO RENTERS
Vacation Quest, Inc.
Vacation Quest, Inc.
1. Vacation Quest, Inc. Legal Capacity: Vacation Quest, Inc. is a Utah corporation (hereinafter, Vacation Quest) and is acting in the capacity of rental and/or management agent of Owner. Vacation Quest does not own the Property.
2. Payment Policy: 50% of the total reservation cost is due at time of making the reservation. Full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival date. If a reservation has not been otherwise fully paid 60 days prior to arrival date, Vacation Quest is hereby directed and authorized by Guest to charge the credit card on file for any balance due.
3. Returned Checks/Credit Card Not Honored: In the event timely payments are not made when due, Vacation Quest, at its sole discretion, may cancel the reservation. In the event the reservation is not canceled, Guest shall pay all funds due inclusive of a $50 returned check charge if the Guests check was returned unpaid by Guests bank.
4. Cancellation: A reservation may be canceled 61 days or more in advance of arrival date and all money paid by Guest shall be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee. No refund shall be made for cancellations 60 days or less in advance of arrival date. Cancellations must be in writing.
5. Insurance: It is strongly recommended that Guests purchase trip insurance in the event the Guest must cancel the reservation. Security Deposit Protection is available for a flat rate (see explanation at bottom of form).
6. Check-in Time: Check in time is 4:00 pm. Check-in time may be delayed for events beyond Vacation Quests control in which event there shall be no rate adjustment. In the event the property shall be ready for occupancy before 4:00 pm, Guest may take occupancy early.
7. Check-out Time: Check out time is 10:00 am. Guests that fail to check out by 10:00 am shall be charged 50% of the daily rate provided check-out is accomplished by 1:00 pm. For Guests checking out after 1:00 pm, Guest will be charged 100% of the daily rate. In the event the property is not rented the night of the Guests check or the following day, a late check-out of 1:00 pm will automatically be allowed. In the event of a holdover, additional fees may apply.
8. Substitute Accommodations: In the event that the property is uninhabitable your reservation will be transferred to comparable accommodations. This will occur only if a previous renter has caused extensive damage that needs to be repaired or an act of nature such as fire, smoke damage, water damage, etc.
9. Furnishings: Each property is individually owned, therefore, each property has different furnishings, dcor, audio-visual equipment, etc.
10. NO SMOKING AND NO PETS: Unless specifically advertised in writing to the contrary, all Vacation Quest, Inc. properties are NO SMOKING and NO PETS. Many people are allergic to smoke and pet hair/dander which means that a property will have to undergo significant cleaning in order to rid the property of any smoke or pet odors/residues, etc. If any person is discovered to have been smoking in the property or if any person is discovered to have a pet in a property, the Guest agrees that the Guest and all persons in Guests party shall be required to leave the property immediately and shall not be entitled to any refund for rentals paid. In addition, Guest agrees to an additional base cleaning charge of $250 plus $150 per bedroom and living area.
11. Quiet Enjoyment: Guest agrees that other residents and neighbors have a right of quiet enjoyment of their property, therefore, guest agrees not to play music or listen to television at a volume that may cause a disturbance to others.
12. HOA Rules and Regulations: Guest understands that homeowner associations often have rules that govern parking, trash pick-up, and such other issues as may be applicable to the property. Guest agrees to comply with such rules.
13. Parking: Guest agrees to park only in those areas assigned to the property or designated to be used in connection with occupancy of the property. Parking in unauthorized places may result in towing.
14. Pools and Hot Tubs: Properties that have common area pools and/or hot tubs are outside the direct control of Vacation Quest and, therefore, are subject to maintenance by a third party over which Vacation Quest has no control. Guest is advised that common area swimming pools and/or hot tubs be out of service or otherwise not properly maintained. No rental adjustment shall be provided in the event a common area pool or hot tub is not operational or available for use.
15. Interest Bearing Accounts: Guest agrees that money paid by Guest to Vacation Quest may be held in an interest bearing account and that any interest earned thereon shall be the property of Vacation Quest., Inc.
16. Delivery of Suitcases/Equipment: Vacation Quest will receive suitcases and equipment shipments at Vacation Quests office location during normal business hours. A fee of $25 per shipped item shall be payable for this service. For items stored beyond 3 days, there shall be a storage fee of $10 per item per day. Vacation Quest accepts no responsibility for any such items received by Vacation Quest or stored by Vacation Quest.
17. Hold Harmless: Guest agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Vacation Quest and/or Owner from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, legal proceeding, fine, penalty, and/or liability which may be brought against or imposed against Vacation Quest and/or Owner arising out of Guests reservation, use, and/or occupancy of the Property.
Security Deposit Protection Plan
This Security Deposit Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Vacation Quest, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Vacation Quest, Inc. directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.